Tuesday, May 8, 2012

WEEK 6 EOC: How do I see my role starting in the industry?


Once I finish school I plan on leaving Las Vegas and return home to work at a school district, repairing and maintain the equipment. This is a great way to start my career by work with a school system I am able to work in the field I want to be in.  There is no shame in working for a school system; the only shame is the one you give yourself by belittling your own talent.  As the years go on, I plan on working for hire and travel if needed.  By that time I should have a place to call home and where my family can live.  Although, I will have to be very good at maintaining equipment and making connections with many people outside of live performance.  Even if I can’t move back home to do this, I could still work here in Las Vegas; working at live venues and working on small productions within the Vegas area.  I might have to start out in working retail and/or fast food, but I can handle that for the short while, due to the fact I can’t stand either one.  Although, I wouldn’t mind working for a radio station as a technician, there is always going to be a need for technician in the broadcasting industry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment